Sunday, September 15, 2013

Ta-Da, Pictures of the New Booths

Here they are as of yesterday....this booth is 11' x 4' deep, tall walls and lots of light.  We call it our vintage booth - or Hal's booth :)  I had already taken the big wreath off the screen door when I took this.  It was all natural, most of it from my own yard and drew a lot of compliments but wasn't made for so much handling. There were more hydrangea petals on the floor than were left on the wreath, and just like home I have to sweep and vacuum.  I did pick up another wreath last night because the bright fall colors looked so pretty but this one is silk rather than dried, and the leaves and decorations are glued on, LOL.  I'll start doing some fall decorations this afternoon.


And below,  my booth or the softer side :)  This one I'm having problems with, can't seem to get the look I was going for. It's 10' wide and 8' deep, and presents a challenge to bring customers into the booth to see everything is for sell. I still have all the good china and crystal to bring in, that will liven up the shelves.  The rocker and tables are destined to be painted when I have a little time but better waiting in the booth than the garage.  I'll keep working on it till it clicks.  Maybe a new carpet?  Wall coverings? We're limited to one lamp for lighting - mine is on the roll-top desk at the back - so I'm still looking for ideas to bring light and color in. I'm also pondering the top shelf. It's a little too high for customers to reach; but leaving it just for displays is wasted space.  I might put the best pieces up there with tags on the front of the shelf where they can be seen.  Any thoughts??  I have greenery up there right now so it doesn't look so bare.

and the other wall

 I made up a little tool box to take when we go to work in the booth, but forgot to take it yesterday so couldn't do much other than move things around.  Will start the Fall/Halloween decorating this afternoon but not sure what I'm going to use here.  I can't see old branches, spider webs (and a big black spider) in with the baby clothes.  Even the burlap runner with fall leaves glued on doesn't seem to fit in.  I do have sheer black fabric with black velvet spiders on it that I use to drape the mirrors at home, on Halloween, maybe that would work here.
I really wanted a Ladies Look, a place for my antique linens, baby things, old quilts, pillows, china, crystal  etc.  I love the thought that in another time a woman treasured this beautiful crystal, maybe bringing it out for Sunday dinners, being oh so careful not to chip it, so it could be handed down to her daughter and the next generation, for almost 100 years.  These things have so much appeal and meaning to me; I thought surely there would be other women looking for these treasures.  Maybe I need to bring in more miscellaneous vintage items :)
                                                                ...till next time, jan