Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Our Other Antique Booth

Our second booth is set up for a different type of vintage and antique items.  A few items that are there right now are an old wooden school desk, a vintage doll cradle....it was called a baby cradle but I can't imagine even 70 years ago they would lay a baby in it with such low sides.  We had found a 1949 copy of the Black Beauty book and arranged it with some other vintage horse items we have, and have more to bring in this week.  The old screen door that we have used for display will go on sale this week when we bring in the old armoire.  The rocker will return home next week to get a coat of paint, along with one or two of the little tables.  I need to let them sit a few weeks before deciding they need a little something.  I love painted furniture but I know others prefer the look of the original wood.  The 1914 Bentwood Chairs, that are in the other booth, are one thing I can't bring myself to paint.  It feels like that would destroy the history and no way would I paint over the original label and makers mark that are burned into the bottom.

Last week we found this old handmade shoe shine box, complete with brushes and shoe lasts.  I love to come across these things and always wonder about the story behind them.  

...till next time, Jan