Saturday, November 16, 2013

10 Little Fingers That Could

Yes, my 10 little fingers have been sanding, scraping, painting, sanding again, waxing, then start it all over again.  I really do enjoy transforming these little pieces of furniture but it takes a toll on my hands.  Fingernails are gone, cuticles are ragged and they are so dry nothing seems to help right now.  Do you have periods when you just want time to stand still for a bit?  That's where I've been.  Too many projects, too much to do in the house, not enough time to do it all and I ended up frustrated, irritated and a little depressed.  I certainly haven't solved the problem but at least I'm feeling better about it.

One long afternoon restocking the antique booth with new items and taking out some that have been there too long made for one big mess, we have two booths so the mess was doubled.  Too, I need to check my Christmas decorations to see if they would work.  Ended up leaving everything when the mall closed and was waiting the next day when they unlocked the doors.  It was a marathon day - cleaning, rearranging, moving furniture, trying new things and finally, while I could still stand, a good vacuuming.  It left me exhausted and aching but feeling better about it.  Had to go back the next day to hang a mirror that was too heavy for me to handle alone.  The parking lot was full when we arrived, always a good sign!  Then when I walked in and our booths looking so inviting I decided it was all worth it.  Although we didn't stay long I was pleased with the number of people who walked by, stopped and entered the booth.

Now I'm comfortable leaving it a couple of weeks while I catch up at home and finish up some new projects so they will be ready for Christmas Open House, December 7th.  This will be our first Christmas to have a booth but it's the 21st annual Christmas Open House for Wildwood Antique Mall and hundreds of people turn out to enjoy the festivities and shop for Christmas gifts.  If you're close enough I hope you stop by and enjoy the day with us.
                                                              ...till next time, jan