Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rainy Days

Here are a few images of some of the little projects I've been working on in my spare time.  Something to keep my hands busy.


One of the hankies from a recent estate sale, I love this embroidery in all four corners, easy to work with.

More hankies from the estate

I love this stamp and was experimenting with different ways to use it.

Made a little "postcard box" with it.

A few antique spoons waiting to be used.  I gave away all my finished ones at Christmas. 

I love to wrap gifts, this is a new way to tie a bow.

The top of the bow.  I use any box available to practice new ideas.

I love this, so simple and easy.  This is a silk leaf but wouldn't it look nice with a real fall leaf?

Another idea, I tried to glue the stones on but they were a little heavy.

A sample of papercrete with rosemary sprig.  Papercrete is a cross between paper mache and hypertufa.  Made with concrete so it's very durable but also lightweight.  I've been making planters for the garden but when I get another batch mixed up I want to try some garden sculptures.