Saturday, August 4, 2007

Back to square one

Ended up cutting the features off the new sculpt. I was pleased with the technical aspects but it looked stiff. I have angled the head and think I'll use a wider smile...no teeth, just a little more expression. She is leaving for Jamaica this coming week so doubt I'll get any face time soon, it makes such a difference in capturing expression.

Have been asked what the quarters were for. The human eyeball is about the size and shape of a quarter, so it's an easy gauge to check for depth at this point. I've also found the old eye sizers work good to get a round hole in the clay.

Hope to get more sculpting time in the next few weeks. Ragweed is ready to explode and I read this morning it's a bumper crop. I thought we had lots of weeds on the farm but all the vegetation in the area seems to be a goldmine for molds and other allergy causing problems. Won't be doing much yard work!