Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Have you ever.....

Spent a day getting organized so you could start bright and early the next morning?

Had your day planned down to the minute to get the most accomplished in the time you have?

Then have it all fall apart?

If so, you can appreciate my week so far.  Monday I did housework, got my work organized and laid out in stations so I could start with porcelain first, since it has to dry - then could move from project to project and was excited about all the creative time I had.  Tuesday morning I woke ready to go -- and boink!, the sky fell.  When I turned my work computer on at 9am nothing happened.  Tried again, and again, and again.  Checked everything you're supposed to check, opened it up and did some work there, but no luck.  Finally at 3pm and stressed out I called the repair shop and took it in, and that's where it went from bad to worse.  A fried mother-board right in the middle of a big work week.  While I love the latest and greatest computers, I hadn't planned to buy one right then.  With my blood pressure rising, I did some quick shopping, comparisons, a lot of talking with salespersons and I decided on one.  Left it there so they could do a data transfer for me, planning on picking it up this morning - no such luck.  It's still there, still transferring data.  So I spent another day doing errands and picking up some items I needed, which wasn't time wasted but also didn't get any projects completed.

Going to go to bed early and hopefully everything will go smoothly tomorrow and I can get back to work.  And how has your week been so far?