Sunday, August 5, 2012

A break in the Heat Wave!

We finally had a good storm last night which has brought our temperature down a bit, which is very welcome.  Yesterday was 107, very hot for MO,  When we moved here 15 years ago it only got to 100 two or three times a year.  Last month we had 15 days of over 100 degrees.  Shades of California.  I remember the hot wind blowing and literally sucking the life out of the leaves on the plants.  We had power all through the storm only to lose it this morning for several hours.  Was a nice, quiet time to sit by the window and read the paper :) As always seems to happen the battery was low on my laptop as well as my phone.

I was skimming a book I've had for several years and came across a technique for enlarging an image that I had forgotten about.  Along the lines of enlarging with a grid, you cut an image into several pieces, put each piece on the printer and enlarge it.  Then line up the pieces, tape them together and you have your image enlarged, ready to transfer to your project.  The acetone method would work well here since it's easy to transfer a larger image.  I've not tried it yet, but I think it would also be a good way to use a larger image with an ink jet transfer.  I just happen to have a project that needed a little something extra and I liked an image I had on the clear transfer paper but at 8.5x11" it was too small for the canvas.  I hope to try this later today, either enlarging the line drawing I have - or - making several transfers and work them around on the canvas.  I'll post the results once I have it finished.